I'm pleased to announce the release of 60cycleCMS 2.0.0, a major update to the open-source Content Management System powering this site.
New features and updates include:
- Use MySQL to store everything, don't put entries in XML files anymore (that was a dumb idea)
- New private "Dashboard" page, giving easy access to all site administration pages
- Ability to edit and delete entries using the Dashboard web interface
- Full support for HTML when publishing new entries
- Ability to preview and edit new entries before publishing them
- Time and timezone automatically detected when new entry is published
- New installation script to automatically create MySQL table for entries (you still need to create the DB yourself)
- Installation documentation
For anybody migrating from previous versions of 60cycleCMS, I've also written a script to import your old XML-stored entries to the new DB system.
I've been using 2.0.0 on this website for the last week or so, and so far I'm a big fan :-). Hopefully you are too, but if you run into any problems, shoot me an email.